Countertop Portable.. are you getting an idea about this model?
The portable nature makes the handling easy, and you could easily move the RO unit from one place to another effortlessly. It might be a preferable choice for the singles, with the portability and easy handling. Well, there are more features and utilities that make up to this Countertop model, which shall be revealed soon!
Countertop Portable Universal 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis System Review
While most of the reverse osmosis systems are installed under the kitchen sink, this model takes up the countertop way. They are designed in a unique way so that a minimal amount of counter space is used. You can either install it on the counter or some area above the sink portion so that they don’t take any area at all. I would recommend this model to someone who is always on the go and keeps on changing their houses frequently.
You don’t have to do anything extra on the installation!
Even though the system is small in dimension, it can block out all the water contaminants from getting into the water. Also, there is no need for any additional faucets for completing the setup. You can set this RO thing on the existing faucets, and get started with the purification work!
There isn’t much installation work on this model. You get the RO system, unbox it and set on the counter. That’s exactly what you gotta do. Yes, keep one adjustable wrench and use it if you are finding any difficulty with unscrewing any component.
Another thing, if the faucet at your home has female threads, then you will have to set the adapter thing and do the installation. For male threads, you can attach the diverter without the adapter.
There are two different water lines, which gives out water after the processing. The water that comes out of the diverter line is the pure water, while the other one which comes out of the plastic valve – is the impure one. You can drain this water into the garden, and water the plants using this.
Processing is different, and the installation is way too different than the usual models. But!
These are by far the most efficient Reverse Osmosis systems. Here the ratio of pure water to the wasted water is 1: 2.8, which is incredibly great!
Stage of filtration
In total, there are 5 stages of filtration on this Countertop Reverse Osmosis system – they are as follows!
1. First Stage → The first step constitutes the 5-micron sediment filter. Here, elements like sand and silt which is present in the water are taken out. This helps in preserving the quality and life of the RO membrane.
2. Second Stage → The second step is performed by the activated carbon filter. During the second stage, all the volatile compounds and common water chemicals like chlorine, unpleasant odor or tastes are eliminated from the water.
3. Third Stage → This is the main RO chamber where water is treated against High Rejection TFC layer. It removes almost 97% of the TDS elements and other deadly contaminants like fluoride, bacteria, arsenic, radium, chromium, viruses and what not!
4. Fourth Stage → There’s one deionizing mixed bed filter made by the Omnipure (USA). After the water is processed here, the resulting water will be low in TOC (Total Organic Carbon), and it also reduces the radiation compounds.
5. Fifth Stage → This stage includes the Coconut Carbon T33 filter cartridge that takes out the remaining water pollutants out.
So, these are the 5 stages of filtration that takes place inside the Countertop Portable model.
- No plumbing required
- It can be set up even in compact space
- Most efficient one with 2.8-gallon water wastage for 1 gallon purified water
- Removes 97% of the dissolved solids from the water
- No storage option
If you wish to collect filtered water, then you have to keep a separate plastic receptor on the end. This RO model has a tankless design, so you got to put in some efforts for the storage work.
What do you think about this Countertop Portable RO system? Does it suit your requirement? I hope this review answered your queries, and if you have anything to ask us out – comment your question below!